Youturn provides intensive services and supports to youth in conflict with the law, and their families.
Our goal is to help our clients shift to active participation in society — and make choices that will help them remain in the community, avoid future conflict with the law and succeed in their lives.
Through four core programs, we deliver counselling, education and training, clinical treatment and a range of additional supports — all focused on helping youth and families build on their strengths, develop their personal competencies and set out on a path to a productive life.
Operating since 1989, Youturn is a non-profit transfer-payment agency funded by the Ontario Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Youth Justice Branch. We are also a registered charity.
Whom do we serve?
Youturn provides services in English and French to male and female youth aged 12 to 21 (12-17 at the time of the offence) and their families. Our focus is on youth who are at high risk of reoffending.
Our clients live in the four geographic regions of Eastern Ontario — Ottawa; Renfrew County; Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SDG); and Prescott Russell.
Language of service
Services are provided in English or French — and in cases where neither official language is spoken in the home — services may be provided with the support of translators.
These core values direct and inform our vision. They are our guiding principles to deliver the best services to the youth and families we support.
- Professionalism & Respect Committed to the highest standards of professionalism and mutual respect in our interactions with the youth we support, their families, and the community partners who have placed their trust in our services.
- Acceptance & Flexibility Resolved to embrace diversity, nurture an environment of inclusiveness and acceptance for all and champion, encourage and support innovative approaches to person-centred service delivery.
- Teamwork Value the skill sets and individual contributions of our staff. We support their advancement, in an atmosphere of collaboration, for the benefit of our youth and their families.
- Cultural Competence Committed to providing services that are responsive to the cultural, racial and ethnic differences of our youth, staff and community partners.
- Integrity Committed to honesty and transparency and working to ensure trust by taking responsibility for our words and actions.
Youturn will be the premier service provider committed to a belief that all vulnerable youth have the opportunity to succeed.
To provide evidence-informed, individualized services helping high-risk youth develop the skills to become strong participating members of the community.