youturn – Youth Support Services
Is currently seeking a Community Support Team Worker (CST)
youturn – Youth Support Services provides best practice based interventions to high risk youth in conflict with the law and their families; with the goal of improving personal competencies, strengthening families, reducing recidivism and promoting a safer community. Our head office is located in Ottawa.
Position Type: Part-Time, 21 hours/week, One Year Contract
Posting Type: Internal/External Posting
Experience: Minimum 3 years working with youth
Date Ad Posted: February 23, 2018
Applications Deadline: March 12, 2018
Job Region: Eastern Ontario (Renfrew County)
Salary Range: Pro-rated on $44,000-$53,000
Preference will be given to applicants residing in Renfrew County.
- Assess client and family needs through interviews, collection of information, administering psychometric instruments, scoring, and interpreting results
- Develop appropriate Initial Assessments and Intervention Plans which identifies specific client goals
- Using intervention strategies consistent with program design, provide direct individual or family counselling
- Adhere to the philosophy “youth do well if they can” the worker will work within a Collaborative Problem Solving framework
- Assess client and family needs through interviews and collection of information
- Develop individualized goal plans and target interventions areas to work together with youth and their supporters to facilitate transition to independence.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of available community services both within the youth and adult systems, and coordinate appropriate referrals to community resources as required
- Using intervention strategies consistent with program design, provide direct individual or family counselling in the areas of healthy relationships; employment; housing; life skills; education; financial literacy; mental health; anger management; peer relations
- Participation in program development as required
- Development and facilitation of groups
- Participation in community networking, knowledge exchange and interagency collaboration
- Maintain flexible working hours, and provide on call services as required
- Data collection, and participation in program evaluation
- A CYW diploma or a bachelor’s degree in social work, counselling or related field
- Minimum 3 years (preference for) working with high-risk youth in conflict with the law
- Skill and knowledge in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Social Ecological Theory and Collaborative Problem Solving
- Criminal reference check including vulnerable sector is required.
- Access to a vehicle to use for work and a valid driver’s licence.
- Fluency in both written and spoken French and English is preferred.
- Ability to establish a home office
youturn-Youth Support Services values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email to:
youturn – Youth Support Services
For more information visit: http://www.youturn.ca