youturn – Youth Support Services
Is currently seeking Community Support Team Workers (CST)
(One full-time position in Ottawa and one full-time position in Renfrew County)
Internal / External Posting
youturn – Youth Support Services provides best practice based interventions to high risk youth in conflict with the law and their families; with the goal of improving personal competencies, strengthening families, reducing recidivism and promoting a safer community.
youturn has integrated a Feedback Informed (FIT) approach, into the clinical service delivery model. FIT involves the administration of outcome and alliance rating scales at each client session. The programs delivered at youturn target youth with complex needs, and who are challenging to engage.
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Posting Type: Internal/External posting
Experience: Minimum 3 years working with youth
Date Ad Posted: July 18, 2018
Applications Deadline: August 3, 2018
Job Region: Eastern Ontario (Ottawa and Renfrew County)
Salary Range: $44,979-$57,292
- Assess client and family needs through interviews, collection of information, administering psychometric instruments, scoring, and interpreting results
- Develop appropriate Initial Assessments and Intervention Plans which identifies specific client goals
- Using intervention strategies consistent with program design, provide direct individual or family counselling
- Adhere to the philosophy “youth do well if they can” the worker will work within a Collaborative Problem Solving framework
- Assess client and family needs through interviews and collection of information
- Develop individualized goal plans and target interventions areas to work together with youth and their supporters to facilitate transition to independence.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of available community services both within the youth and adult systems, and coordinate appropriate referrals to community resources as required
- Using intervention strategies consistent with program design, provide direct individual or family counselling in the areas of healthy relationships; employment; housing; life skills; education; financial literacy; mental health; anger management; peer relations
- Participation in program development as required
- Development and facilitation of groups
- Participation in community networking, knowledge exchange and interagency collaboration
- Maintain flexible working hours, and provide on call services as required
- Data collection, and participation in program evaluation
- A CYC diploma or a bachelor’s degree in social work, counselling or related field
- Minimum 3 years (preference for) working with high-risk youth in conflict with the law
- Skill and knowledge in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Social Ecological Theory and Collaborative Problem Solving and Feedback Informed Treatment.
- Criminal reference check including vulnerable sector is required.
- Access to a vehicle to use for work and a valid driver’s licence.
- Fluency in both written and spoken French and English is preferred
- Ability to establish a home office
youturn-Youth Support Services values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information visit: http://www.youturn.ca