Youturn Board Recruitment
The Board of Directors is currently seeking a Treasurer
Youturn YYSS is a dynamic not for profit/charity specializing in community based counselling and treatment services for youth who have current charges under the youth criminal justice act and/or demonstrate high risk behaviour that interfere with their ability to successfully achieve all the necessary developmental milestones of adolescence.
The agency is led by a governance board that is currently seeking candidates for the position of Treasurer. Of particular interest are candidates with a CPA with not for profit experience.
As the successful candidate you would become a member of this board; there are a minimum of 10 monthly meetings per year. As Treasurer you would oversee the handling of the agency’s funds, to ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you have the time to commit, please send your resume attention to Louise Burness at firstname.lastname@example.org. All vacancies are filled through an interview process.
Mission and Boards of Directors of youturn:
Youturn Youth Support Services/Services d’appui a la jeunesse youturn is a not for profit agency with charitable status providing best practice community based services, including counselling, education, and training, to youth and their families, in respect of youth involved in the criminal justice system, in non-custodial circumstances, with a focus on individuals at high risk of re-offending.
Youturn seeks to foster and maintain a Board of Directors representative of the communities it serves considering the demographic, cultural, religious, economic, linguistic, geographic, ethnic and social characteristics of Eastern Ontario.
Desired personal attributes:
Candidates with the following personal attributes are encouraged to apply:
- sensitivity to and a willingness to understand the unique needs of youth justice and the mental health clients and families served by youturn;
- demonstrated commitment to the organization’s vision, mission and values in the areas of youth justice, mental health care, advocacy, research and education;
- objectivity, ability to work in groups and respect of the views of others; and
- sufficient time to commit substantially to the activities of the Board of Directors of youturn.
Desired knowledge, expertise and perspective:
Youturn seeks candidates with knowledge, expertise and a personal perspective in the following areas, including but not limited to:
- governance and policy analysis;
- community based service delivery in or involvement with youth justice (issues, trends and research);
- youth health care delivery (medical and/or psychological);
- connection and/or knowledge of a specific local community, including francophone, aboriginal and other linguistic and cultural communities;
- strategic planning;
- public relations
- risk management; and
- progressive business skills (for ex. information technology, human resources and labour relations, communications).
Director Recruitment Process
Directors are recruited and serve on the Board of Directors on the following terms:
The Executive/Nominating Committee of the Board of Directors reviews all expressions of interest. The Committee identifies favourable candidates that the Board of Directors approves to be brought forward to the voting membership for consideration.
Although expressions of interest are welcome throughout the year, applications are generally accepted no later than May 1st of each year to allow for the interview and selection process to occur in advance of the Annual General Meeting (“AGM”), which is held in September. The election of Directors by the membership is completed each year as part of the AGM.
The term of office for a Director is two years, therefore candidates must be prepared to commit for that period of time.
At the end of their two-year term, Directors are requested to indicate their interest in serving an additional term. If so, their candidature is submitted to the Executive/Nominating Committee for recommendation, and upon Board approval, to the membership for re-election at the AGM. Directors may serve a maximum of three, two-year terms.
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors of youturn, please click here to download the Application Form.